September 12, 2011
- Nature’s most elegant designs may hold the key to super-efficient, ecofriendly technology
- 300 years of artificial light. Increased energy consumption “is simply the cost of that increased productivity.” Now, the question is whether new lighting technologies will help. Good infographic.
- Scientists find a population of endangered hawksbill turtles unexpectedly making a go of it in mangrove estuaries
- The UK section of the Dogger Bank will be the largest European Marine Site to be submitted by any Member State for protection and links up with the existing sites in Germany and the Netherlands.
- New dogfish species found in Taiwanese fish market. I like how Ya Like Dags? scooped National Geographic